We intend that the elderly, women and children who collect water, even from the closest of water sources or supply will no longer need to carry it, by hand, on their backs, on their heads, or over their shoulders, by providing them with a simple push/pull 30 litre Rotary Water Barrel with a handle and rubber tyres.
So apart from the obvious advantage of not having to carry water, the Rotary Barrels also make it:
- More secure for women and children from abuse and assault
- Quicker and easier to collect potable water
- Much less strenuous and dangerous for children's health
- Easier to collect more water than traditional methods
- Water collected remains in a sealed container
- Reduced loss through spillage or further contamination
- Less trips per day/week to and from the water source
- Gives the person time to do other things during their day
Many of these advantages may appear small, but the ongoing cumulative improvements they provide to the well being of these people and their livelihoods cannot be underestimated.